- Biological Safety Cabinets
The Esco Formalin Vaporizer (FVP-00X) is a microprocessor-controlled unit that simplifies and automates the decontamination process for all sizes and makes of biohazard safety cabinets. This also increases safety for the decontamination operator and laboratory personnel since no manual intervention is required during the entire process. The unit enables decontamination to be accomplished by the standard protocol as recommended in EN12469 (European standard for microbiological safety cabinets) with formalin and ammonia solutions. ANSI/NSF49 (American standard for Class II cabinets) recommends decontamination using paraformaldehyde and ammonium bicarbonate which is a similar protocol but with agents in the solid phase (instead of liquid phase), and as such this vaporizer can also be said to be in compliance with the ANSI/NSF49 recommended decontamination protocol.Catalog No.: (220-240 VAC 50/60 HZ, single phase): FV-001Catalog No.: (100-130 VAC 60 HZ, single phase): FV-002
- Designed for decontamination of biosafety cabinets.
- Microprocessor control that executes the decontamination cycles automatically.
- No manual intervention needed: optimum safety! Uses formalin and ammonia solutions.
- LCD display for constant status monitoring. Cycle timers are adjustable.
- Password control feature to prevent access to the menu functions by unauthorized personnel.
- Audible and visual alarms in cases of overheating.
- Durable, heavy-duty full stainless steel structure with side-mounted handles.
- Thermostats for the formalin and ammonia chambers to prevent overheating.